Taft Avenue and Electric Avenue, Village of Berkeley
- Address: TBD
- Established: TBD
- Original Line: Aurora Elgin & Chicago
- Rebuilt: TBD
- Previous Names: TBD
- Flag stop
- (View location)
Berkeley was a local station on the Chicago, Aurora & Elgin’s main line at Taft Avenue and Electric Street in Berkeley. The station consisted of a pair of low level platforms outfitted with flag stop semaphores. As was common on the CA&E, the eastbound platform was on the west side of the crossing, while the westbound platform was on the east side.
Presumably circa 1911, Berkeley was one of a several stops to be upgraded with either brick or stone stations as part of an improvement project. Berkeley received a brick waiting shelter with a hipped roof of the same type as at Seminary, York St., Spring Road, Villa Park, and High Lake.
Following the end of CA&E service, Lyden route 13 (the precursor to Pace route 313) operated along Vallette/Electric between Poplar and Taft before continuing service along St. Charles Road, effectively continuing passenger service to the Poplar and Berkeley stations. On November 23, 2008, Pace rerouted the 313, bringing an end service at these locations. Today, nothing of the station remains.
Full station profile and history coming soon.