|Location||Winfield Rd. near Waterford Dr.,|
Winfield, IL 60190
|Established||September 21, 1909|
|Original Line||Chicago Wheaton & Western Ry|
|Platforms||1, low level|
Winfield Road was a station on the Chicago Aurora and Elgin Railroad’s Geneva branch at the crossing of Winfield Road in present-day Winfield. The stop opened on September 21, 1909 as part of the initial section of the Chicago Wheaton and Western Railway between Geneva Junction and West Chicago. Though part of the CW&W, service was provided by the Aurora, Elgin and Chicago Railroad. On October 28, 1910, the CW&W was deeded to the AE&C and the Winfield Road stop came under ownership of the Great Third Rail. Service over the Geneva branch ended October 31, 1937, and the stop was abandoned.