Kautz Road near Pillsbury Drive, City of Geneva
- Address: TBD
- Established: December 1, 1909
- Original Line: Chicago, Wheaton & Western Ry
- Rebuilt: N/A
- Previous Names: N/A
- Flag stop
Kautz Road was a local station on the Chicago, Aurora & Elgin’s Geneva branch at the crossing of Kautz Road. It was built on the extension of the Chicago Wheaton & Western Railway from West Chicago to Geneva which opened on December 1, 1909.1 The stop consisted of a low-level, cinder platform 115 ft. long2 on west of the crossing and the Kane-DuPage County line. As with other stations on this section of the line, the platform was located on the north side of the Geneva branch’s single track.3
Kautz Road closed on October 31, 1937, when the CA&E ended service on the Geneva branch and replaced the rail line with a bus route. Today, Kautz Road is one of the few places where the Illinois Prairie Path does not follow the Chicago, Aurora & Elgin right of way, as the path turns to the south immediately after the crossing instead of continuing west. Nothing of the station remains.
Full station profile and history coming soon.