- Address: TBD
- Established: September 21, 1909
- Original Line: Chicago, Wheaton & Western Ry
- Rebuilt: N/A
- Previous Names: Drexmoore
- Flag Stop
In 1906 Mr. Joseph Errant of Chicago (a lawyer and former president of the Chicago Board of Education) purchased a thirty acre plot of land out in what is today part of eastern West Chicago and in 1907, as was popular at the time amongst people of his social and economic strata, he built a summer home on it. He named the house "Drexmoor" after his wife, Drexna.
In August of the following year a new interurban came into being: the Chicago, Wheaton & Western Railway. The Chicago, Wheaton & Western (CW&W) planned on constructing a new third rail line west from Pleasant Hill on the AE&C’s Elgin Branch to West Chicago. Of course, the right of way they had chosen crossed a portion of Mr. Errant's land, but in a turn of events that ended up proving beneficial to both parties, Errant decided to let the CW&W have the land they wanted in exchange for a station built for his convenience.
They went ahead and built the station, naming it Drexmoor, after the house. Typical of stations along the Chicago Wheaton & Western's line (which became the AE&C’s Geneva Branch) Drexmoor had a single low level platform, a small wooden passenger shelter and was equipped with a flag stop semaphore.
A few months later a new station was opened on the line only a few hundred feet west of the Drexmoor station. Now it may seem odd that an entirely new station was constructed very near an already existing station, but this new station, High Lake, was built in anticipation of serving a development that was planned to be built nearby. The Drexmoor station possibly could have been used to serve this development but seems rather inconveniently placed for such a purpose. It appears to have been located away from any streets or thoroughfares, tucked in about 600 feet behind the Errant's country retreat, essentially serving as a private stop.
Joseph Errant passed away in 1912 and the Drexmoor house was sold to his brother, Charles, who moved in with his family. At this point the house was renamed Fannette after Charles's mother-in-law, Fanny, and the station was renamed accordingly. Unlike his late brother, Charles lived in the house year round and apparently made good use of the station, boarding here for his commute to Chicago.
The station continued under the name Fannette and remained in service until October 31, 1937 when service over the Geneva Branch was ended.