|Location||Kress Rd. near Western Dr.,|
West Chicago, IL 60185
|Established||December 1, 1909|
|Original Line||Chicago Wheaton & Western Ry|
|Platforms||1, low level|
Kress Road was a local station on the Chicago, Aurora & Elgin’s Geneva branch at the crossing of Kress Road. It opened as part of an extension of the Chicago Wheaton & Western Railway from West Chicago to Geneva which went into service on December 1, 1909.1 The stop consisted of a low-level, cinder platform 115 ft. long2 on the east side of the Kress Road. As with other stations on this section of the line, the platform was located on the north side of the Geneva branch’s single track.3
Kress Road closed on October 31, 1937, when the CA&E ended service on the Geneva branch and replaced the rail line with a bus route. Today, the Illinois Prairie Path passes through the location but nothing of the station remains.
Full station profile and history coming soon.