|Location||Neltnor Blvd. near Diversey Pkwy.,|
West Chicago, IL 60185
|Established||May 29, 1903|
|Original Line||Aurora, Elgin & Chicago Ry|
|Previous Names||Schramer Road|
|Platforms||1, low level|
St. Andrews was a stop on the Chicago Aurora and Elgin Railway’s Elgin branch. The stop was located on the east side of the crossing of Illinois Route 59 (Neltnor Blvd.) on the south side of the line’s single track.1 It opened on May 29, 1903, as Schramer Road (one of the original stops on the Elgin branch) and served rural Wayne Township.
In 1925, golf-enthusiast Frank Hough announced the construction of a 36-hole country club in West Chicago to rival the Chicago Golf Club (a location served by the CA&E) and in 1926 the St. Andrews Course of the St. Andrews Golf and Country Club opened.2 The entrance to the grounds was on IL 59 near the station. As such, the stop was renamed St. Andrews prior to 1929. Under the new name, it remained in use until July 3, 1959, when the CA&E ended all passenger operations at 12:13 p.m.