|Location||Lincoln Ave. and Western Ave.,|
Wheaton, IL 60187
|Original Line||Chicago Aurora, & Elgin RR|
|Platforms||1, low level|
Lincoln Ave. was a stop on the Chicago Aurora and Elgin Railway’s Elgin branch on the north side of the crossing of its namesake street in Wheaton.1 Unlike the majority of stops on the branch, Lincoln Ave. was not part of the initial scheme of stops, instead being added between 1929 and 1931. For a number of years after opening, the stop was listed on public timetables in conjunction with the next stop west—Wesley Ave., which was approximately 1/3 mile to the south. It closed on July 3, 1957, when the CA&E abruptly withdrew its passenger service at 12:13 p.m.