to GreatThirdRail.org home
chicago1.jpg

The Emory station situated at Roosevelt Road, seen here in 1952, was the second of two stations on the Chicago Aurora & Elgin to bear the name. The first stop west of Wheaton on the Aurora branch, Emory was a small station with two low-level platforms and a wooden frame shelter with overhanging eaves. On an afternoon run, a two car train led by a 450 series car has stopped at the station on its way to Aurora.

Photo from the collection of Mark Llanuza

Emory

Roosevelt Road near Delles Road, City of Wheaton

History:

Full station profile and history coming soon.